Sunday, October 26, 2003

For the past few weeks, Darryl and I have been talking about whether we wanted to do a new bible study at our church or not. We are not yet members of the church, but have been visitors off and on since we moved here in 1997. It has only been during the past 2 months that we have become regular attendees.

The new bible study is called, "The Purpose Driven Life" and is based on a book written by Rick Warren. This morning we were assigned into a small group and this evening we attended our first evening worship at the church and watched a video that previewed the study.

I was truly touched by God and moved by what I saw and heard there this evening. I am truly ready to find God's Purpose for my life....and that is how this blog came to be.

In the video we watched, Rick spoke of how we each have abilities that we possess that can be used in our mission and ministry. I thought about what MY abilities are, and my web design and technology skills were immediately on my mind.

I have long enjoyed using the web to reach out to people, and after a discussion with my husband, I decided to start this blog as a way for him and I to write about our experiences with this bible study as we actually go through the study. Whether the blog will be kept up after the study is over, I do not know....but I felt strongly compelled to put my experience out there for people to share.

You will see posts here from me (Charity) as well as my husband (Darryl). There is a comments section at the end of each post, and you can feel free to post your thoughts or send us email directly at OPDL@mouck.com.

Tomorrow begins our first day of the study, and I am eagerly awaiting my next post!