Saturday, November 29, 2003

Day 34: Thinking Like a Servant

This chapter made me pause and reflect about myself and my ability to serve a bit more than the others. The other chapters instilled excitement in me about the opportunities I will have to serve, but this chapter made me stop and reflect a bit more about who I am rather than what I could do.

The key is attitude!

Do I have the right attitude? Am I secure enough in who I am and what I want to do that I won't be falling prey to thinking that is NOT servant like? Perhaps I need to really think about myself and make sure I understand where I am in my walk with God before I go rushing headlong into a service that might not be right for me or that I might not be ready for. I am not sure...but this chapter gave me a LOT to think about in terms of what I can do to try and think more like a servant.

Thinking About My Purpose

Point to Ponder:
To be a servant, I must think like a servant.

Verse to Remember: "Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus." Philippians 2:5 (NIV)

Question to Consider: Am I usually more concerned about being served or finding ways to serve others?


In reality, I think I do a decent job of looking for opportunities to serve others, but also in reality I must admit that most of those times are while I am at work. And, let's face it....I get PAID to serve others sometimes. I want to take time to think about my Attitude. I want to see the opportunities to serve and be willing to step up. I want to become secure in who I am and in my relationship with God.