Wednesday, January 28, 2004

The 40 Days of Purpose Revisted

This blog site originally started with a focus on the book by Rick Warren called, "The Purpose Driven Life." We read one chapter a day for 40 days as part of a study our church was doing. Hubby and I wrote on this site each day as well. Now, our small group is re-focusing on the book one chapter a week, and my hope is that once a week I will pop in here and write a bit more about the chapters we originally shared our thoughts on.

This week was Chapter Two: You Are Not An Accident (we missed Chapter One because we have been in the new members class for our church). Click here to see what I originally wrote about (October 28, 2003).

When I first read this chapter and wrote about my thoughts, I focused on some pretty external things like appearance and our current location. When I go back now and think about the message of this chapter, I am also drawn into thinking about all the other things that God did for me or gave me that were not an accident. Like this blog perhaps. I have always enjoyed writing, and in the last few years, web design has become more of a focus for me. I honestly think that God has given me this skill and ability as a way to reach people.

In our small group on Sunday, we also talked about accepting things, things that are difficult for us to understand like when a loved one is taken from us, or hardship comes our way. We discussed how we are often limited by our humanness in our ability to understand some of God's concepts or plans, but that it is our faith that bridges the gap between our human capacity for knowledge and God's wisdom. I find myself still asking a LOT of questions, but as long as I remember to keep my heart open to receiving the answers, I can't go wrong.