Thursday, December 04, 2003

Day 39: Balancing Your Life

I really liked this chapter. It is one thing to study and learn about the five purposes God has for my life, but it is quite another to learn how to manage those purposes and keep me moving forward in each area. I think my journey has been amazing. You might not be able to see it just sitting on your end of the internet reading my words, but I can FEEL it....and perhaps if I keep writing, even after the 40 Days study is over, then maybe someone else will be touched by my experiences. I totally agree with what the Bible and Warren say about writing down our thoughts and experiences. I have always been one to start journals and diaries and spend time putting my thought down in words. The one thing that has been different this time around is that for the first time in my life, I have been COMMITTED to this project of reading and thinking and writing. And, I think it has had an impact.

I want to make sure that I am focusing on all 5 of God's purposes. I don't want to fall into the trap of just strengthening my worship and fellowship and not work to grow in the other areas. I want to make sure I am being as complete in my spiritual growth as possible, and I think this blog and this study have been a wonderful start. I am looking forward to seeing if our small group decides to pursue further studies together.

Thinking About My Purpose

Point to Ponder:
Blessed are the balanced.

Verse to Remember: "Live life with a due sense of responsibility, not as those who do not know the meaning of life but as those who do." Ephesians 5:15 (Ph)

Question to Consider: Which of the four activities will I begin in order to stay on track and balance God's five purposes in my life?


I think this blog and daily writing have been good for me, so I would like to continue it. I think it would be helpful for me (and maybe for others) if I record my life lessons. I also want to work with Darryl as my spiritual partner to continually assess how I am doing in each area. I hope our small group (or another one) will also be something I continue with.