Friday, December 05, 2003

Day 40: Living with Purpose

WE DID IT! I made a commitment to this bible study, and to Darryl and to my church and most importantly to God...and I saw it through. Now I must turn my focus from the study to actually living my life with purpose each day as the chapter tells us. I can't just do this for 40 days and think I am "fixed". I need to make a plan, and be conscious of how I am doing in that plan.

In a way, this is similar to Weight Watchers. It becomes a lifestyle change to change your eating habits in a significantly healthy way, and learning to live with purpose also involves a lifestyle change. It is changing my life to make sure God is at the center of it, and his 5 purposes are where I focus my time and energy.

I am realistic though. I know this will be difficult for me, just as the bible study was. But, with support from Darryl and fellowship with other believers, I am sure I can make a good game plan for myself. As Warren said at the beginning of this chapter, "Living on purpose is the only way to really live. Everything else is just existing."

I AM TIRED OF EXISTING! I am ready to live my life with purpose!

Thinking About My Purpose

Point to Ponder:
Living with purpose is the only way to really live.

Verse to Remember: "For David...served the purpose of God in his own generation." Acts 13:36 (NASB)

Question to Consider: When will I take the time to write down my answers to life's five great questions? When will I put my purpose on paper?


I am hoping that as I continue to write here about my life lessons and godly passions, I will take the time to write and re-write my life purpose statement. That might be a good project for me as I make the transition from my 40 Days journaling into a more regular kind of journaling. I am going to ask Darryl to do it with me!

So...this may be the last entry specifically about chapters of the book, but do not expect this to be the last entry! I plan to keep writing!