Monday, March 29, 2004

Monday Musing: Summer Camp and ministry opportunities for youth

Here I am! I made it this week!!

I wanted to talk a little about Youth Ministries and opportunities like Summer Camp. I think Summer Camp is a great way for Christian youth to meet and get to share experiences with other people their age who are believers. I know that when I was considered a "youth" (was it THAT long ago?), I often felt like I was the only one like me. My other friends at school didn't necessarily believe in God, or if they did, they did not go to church. Summer Camp was a great way for me to connect with other youth who believed what I did...and what a great feeling that is! There are many Christian summer camps and teen programs across the country, and I think that no matter which one youth have the opportunity to attend, it can be a life changing experience. I know it was for me! I was saved as a summer camp called Super Summer in 1989, and still fondly recall the experiences that I had there and the wonder I felt when I truly understood God's love for me.

Did you ever have Summer Camp experiences as a youth member of your church? If so, feel free to write about them on your site and post in the comments section. If you do not have your own site, feel free to post directly to the comments section.