Monday, April 05, 2004

Monday Musing: The Stones Cry Out

Once again, I would like to turn to an Our Daily Bread reading for inspiration. Last night we read from Luke 19:29-40 and the little story in the devotional told of a woman who was saved, and her way of spreading the Gospel was to paint bible verses on small stones from the beach and sell them to raise money for missionaries. I often wonder what other unique ways people minister to others.

This website is the same to me as her stones were to her. I wanted to find a way to use a skill that I have to be able to reach people that I normally would not have been able to reach. Sometimes it is easy to get discouraged when no one comments or responds to the things that we write, but I KNOW that we are reaching someone, because the site counter keeps on rising, and here and there we DO get a response, which is a great feeling! And, even if I only reach ONE person, then I feel I have been successful.

What kinds of things do you do to spread the Good Word? Does it matter to you whether your efforts are acknowledged? How does it feel to know you are reaching people with your personal ministry? Feel free to write about it on your own site, and post in the comments section. If you do not have your own site, feel free to post directly to the comments.