Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Day Nine: What Makes God Smile?

I do!

Perhaps not all the time, and definitely not for my whole life, but as I become more and more aware of the purpose God has for my life, I hope to make him smile more and more.

I have recently realized (since this summer) that I struggle to keep and maintain relationships. Other than my family, my husband is the longest relationship I have had in my life! Even my own walk with God hasn't been nourished or supported longer than the time I have spent with Darryl. I have realized now, that if I don't commit myself to a relationship with God, then I really can have no successful relationships at all!

When I read in this chapter all the ways that we can make God smile, I felt pretty "okay" with most of them....I can try and build my relationship with him, I can continue to trust his will for my life, and work to identify and use my spiritual gifts and natural abilities.

The one area that I need REAL help with though is the obedience piece. I suppose that I often doubt that I can even hear God when he speaks to me, but my real hope is that when I do hear his commands...I hope that I will be able to obey and not question or hesitate.

As I went about today, I tried to think of ways that I can do my work for God...how I can do the every day activities of life (specifically how I am acting/behaving/interacting at this conference) with praise for him. It was tougher than I thought it would be, BUT....I had it in my mind, which is more than I can say I ever tried to do before.

The biggest part of this chapter for me was the part that discussed how God enjoys us at every stage of our development. I am soooo lucky for this! If this were not true, he could have turned away from me a long time ago, and I would not be here today working to try and have a better relationship with him!!! And, if I am this happy and willing to work to please God and find my purpose now, then just imagine how I will feel at the end of this 40 days!!

I come home tomorrow and will see you all then!