Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Day Ten: The Heart of Worship:

I am home from the conference after a long day on the road and am very tired. I don't really feel like blogging, but even though I was tired, I did want to make sure I read my chapter for the day. I made a committment to do this, and I want to honor it. It may not seem like much to some, but this is a big step for me, and I am trying to take it very seriously.

Surrendering is indeed a difficult concept for me to grasp at first. I am a self-professed "control freak" in much of my life, including my spirituality. I can see after reading the chapter that if I am to truly worship God, and fulfill his purpose for my life, I need to surrender. But it is still a scary thing to me.

I know I have done this before...with problems in my life, but not on a continual basis like the book mentions. I can remember calling Darryl on the phone a while back and crying to him, telling him about a big issue I was dealing with in my life. His advice was to "give it to God". And I did. So....I know it is possible for me to do. I just need to continue to build my relationship with God, to trust him, to open my life to him and eventually my total and continuing surrender will come.

I apologize for such a short entry today, but I would rather spend some time thinking about the chapter from the warmth of my bed than in front of the computer screen!

It is good to be home! :)